The Kindness of The Holidays
I can’t believe next week is Christmas! We are in the midst of Hanukkah and Kwanza will begin soon. For those of us who celebrate these holidays they are so different this year. Social distancing is attempting to change holidays of celebration to isolation. There are still ways to connect and let those we love and care about know we are thinking about them:
1. Call them – Everyone loves a surprise phone call.
2. Set up a Zoom family gathering – Zoom is a great way to “See” family and friends.
3. FaceTime or Google duo – another great tool to virtually get together.
4. Leave a gift on the doorstep- If loved ones are close, instead of mailing a gift, leave it on their doorstep.
5. Mail Gifts – The window is closing on this option but there is still time.
Personal greeting card- if you decided not to send cards this year, give a more personal greeting by calling, especially people who sent a card to you.
Be creative this year. We have so much to be thankful for, even in the midst of sadness and chaos. Let’s find a way to show love to others this season. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza!